I'm really just a lurker . . .

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by donna-marie, Jul 2, 2004.

1. donna-marie

donna-marie Member

. . . but I thought I would introduce myself none-the-less!! That way you all can be comforted by knowing I might be listening . . .

My name is Donna. . . I live in Newfouindland Canada (and for all the geographically challenged--far east of North America--the funny looking island jutting out).

I am 35mm (exception: Holga) processing/printing everything I do--much to the detriment of free time. I have great plans to go up a notch or three in film size . . . dunno where I'll end up yet.

My main photographic interesst is people. Lots of kids surround me on a regular basis, so they have been getting the bulk of attention.

My website is this:

http://www.donnaramsay.com

I'll head back into the shadows now, but to all of you who have so selflessly gotten me through a potential crisis in the darkroom--thanks!!

Donna

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2004
  2. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Donna-Marie -- sadly your website won't display pics in Safari!

3. donna-marie

donna-marie Member

really??

I had not previously heard of any trouble with my site. Hmmmm. I'll have to look into it. I'll attach my home page image for now.

Attached Files:

• two.jpg
      two.jpg
      File size:
      158.7 KB
      Views:
  4. David R Munson

David R Munson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'll second the Safari incompatability. In any case, though, good to have you here.

5. donna-marie

donna-marie Member

okay . . . what is safari??

6. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

it is the browser that comes with macintosh computers.

do you shoot any landscapes?
    how about posting some photos of that newfoundland scenery in the galleries?

7. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd be interested in seeing that, too! Welcome!
    Jeanette

8. Cheryl Jacobs

Cheryl Jacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey, Donna, glad to see you here!

For those who haven't seen Donna's work -- you'll love it.

9. Ka

Ka Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I love your work. Had to fight and finally give up on your site. I'll ask my IT guy for advice, for I want to see more. Absolutely Personal Fabulous.

Ka

10. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Donna,
    Welcome to the site, glad to have you join us all. I know that you, like the rest of us, will really come to like this place. Some very nice people here.
    gene

11. jim kirk jr.

jim kirk jr. Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    welcome aboard as it were...you'll enjoy this place(are we in a "place"?...)

12. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Your work is great! hopefully you'll expand your talent beyond the babies and show us some of your country side. Your in a great part of the world for photography. Good luck and welcome.

13. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi donna -

lucky for me i have 3 browsers! :smile:
    i can see the thumbnails in camino, but not the bigger images; i didn't even try to run with safari; and ... your site came alive with an aged-version of explorer :smile:

wow, nice portraits!

great to see you here :smile:

-john

14. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Donna!
    I enjoyed looking at your site. Your gallery is full of wonderful images. (I think you've posted at least one of those images elsewhere...the one with the rather large couple and child?). Welcome to this one. Don't lurk...you've got lots to offer! We'll look forward to your participation.

15. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome. Congratulations on the style, and quality of your work, and on the construction of your web site. May I too request you post some landscapes (you may place a child in the foreground, if it helps) for we don’t see much of Newfoundland.

16. kwmullet

kwmullet Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I could see the first page, and each of the three "header" images to the three galleries, but got a message that I must have IE4 or NS4 to see the larger-than-thumbnail images from the galleries. What I saw impressed me, though. (I was using Mozilla on Apple OS X. I believe my browser should identify itself as
    Code:
    ("Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040316")
    IMO, I think sites should generally just try and work and not detect what browser is being used. As much as possible, I think they should be browser-neutral. It is, after all, the world-wide web, not the world-wide netscape network or the world-wide internet explorer network. end of rant. :smile:

(hey cool... I just figured out how to put smilies in my messages and have them NOT turn into graphics -- make them left-handed!) (;

17. donna-marie

donna-marie Member

Oh my . . .

So sorry that y'all are having trouble viewing. I have had the site up since february and was never told of any problems. I built the thing myself with zero knowledge . . . I thought I had done pretty well . . . I have no idea how to fix anything, but I sure as hell am going to try over the next few days.

Thx all for the kind words.

-Donna