Image circle for Kodak 203 mm

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by colrehogan, Aug 18, 2005.

1. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Does anyone know what the image circle for the Kodak 203 mm f7.7 is when the lens is stopped down to f/45 (this is all the way down on my lens)?

2. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know it covers 5x7 but not by how much. I've one for sale btw.

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My notes says 213mm circle.

4. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Thanks, I was just wondering. A couple of weeks ago, for the heck of it, I took a shot with it on my 8x10 but haven't developed the negative. I think I will make myself do that this weekend. I'm getting really curious to see how much coverage I really got.

5. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Graflex site has a table that lists the image circle for that lens at 216.

http://www.graflex.org/lenses/lens-spec.html

I have what I assume is the copy camera version, which actually has 207.3 written in pencil on the rear cell rim. It's really quite nice but I have to use the focal plane shutter on the old Anniversary Graphic which has, in this humid and oppressive summer, developed a bit more personality that it strictly needs to have. It has gone democratic on me (small "d"), deciding to vote on whether or not a particular shot really ought to be taken with a proper shutter speed. Works well in air conditioning though, so I'm hopeful for autumn sessions.

Whitey