imagon 250 manual

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Willie Jan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi,

i just bought a imagon 250 in copal #3 and would like to know if somebody knows a pdf (or something else) manual to start with.

Thanks!

2. Clueless

Clueless Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Imagon manual

There should be lots of references via google. The info in pamphlets is very skimpy. Reprints are available at the usual outlets. 5:1 lighting contrast is advised.

3. Ted Harris

Ted Harris Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you search on Imagon here and at the LF Forum you will find lots of info. Rather than repeating all the details here are a few simple guidelines:

1) The 250 is specifically designed fo use with 4x5.

2) Hard light works best (as noted above).

3) You need to focus the lens at the taking aperture. A simple trick to do this is to have your subject hold a small led point source light at the pointyou want in sharp focus. When you have a clear, sharp star pattern of that light you have the focus right (thanks to Bob Salomon of HP MarketingCorp for this).

4. raucousimages

raucousimages Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I wrote to Rodenstock for info on the 250 Imagon. A couple of weeks later they sent me 12 pages of technical documents (no charge) on the lens but no real info on useing the lens. And yes it is all in german.

Take a few sheets and work with it. You will catch on fast. Chech the other posts for Imagon. You will find some info.

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    What do you need to know? Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. If you have any specific queries I'll see what I can dredge up from memory & books.

Shoot a or two roll with a rollfilm back and you should learn all you need to know about relative sharpness/softness.

Cheers,

Roger

6. charleymeyer

charleymeyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Willie, Cameraeccentric.com has a brochure and two manuals for the Imagon on line. Best, Charley

7. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you need any help, I have an Imagon (without manual) and read German (on good days). :smile:

8. raucousimages

raucousimages Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ole
    Thanks for the offer. I had it translated by a friend from Stutgart several years ago. He is an engineer and loved looking at it. I figured the lens out and use it a lot.

The one thing I did to the lens that I have never heard of anyone else doing is to attach the propper f stop scales for a 250mm lens onto the Copal #3 shutter. Now I can use the H stop diaphrams or just stop the lens down. The look is different but I like them both.

9. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    thanks for you replies guys.

A friend of my told me if you start using that lens you will become addicted..

I use this 250 lens on a shen hao 4x5.

I'll start digging with the info.

10. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Digital is for who is afraid of the dark ?
    Or for those without a propper lab within 100 miles....