Impatiently waiting ... my new baby-ULF

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TheMissingLink, Sep 12, 2005.

1. TheMissingLink

TheMissingLink Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Though I'm not at home at the momemt and I have to do the most things remotely I couldn't resist with this offer, with confidence on the seller and the pictures of this nice toy I booked it.

It comes complete as shown with lens a 300mm Tessar and one film holder.... my new always-with-me-camera:smile:)

But, as usual one holder isn't enough.

Is someone of you able to identify this camera and the holder? Perhaps I'd be able to locate a source for them to get 2 or so more before I come home to finally get the set... otherwise it'd be nice but long lasting job for me to build some more in my personal carpenter's workshop...

Ups, the format is 10x12 inch!

Any input welcome

Horst

Attached Files:

2. laz

laz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can't help with the camera ID, but my input is it's a beauty and congrats on the new baby! Any name yet? :smile:

3. TheMissingLink

TheMissingLink Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Perhaps something like "pet(of the family)" ... cause she will be only an appetizer and the larger will follow;-)

4. John Kasaian

John Kasaian Member

My guess--and guess it is---is that its Japanese in origin since they made cameras that fit onto turntables(the big hole in the bed) until fairly late. I could be wrong though. I think Kodaks were available in 10x12 format(I have a contact print of my Dad's Band circa 1930s somewhere around here) but I don't think your camera is a Kodak---it just dosen't look like one.

BTW, Nice looking camera---congratulations!

You might give Equinox Photo a try for holders.

5. TheMissingLink

TheMissingLink Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thank you for info and wishes!
    Just dropped a note to equinox to be alerted if they get one or more holders.

With a chance I'll have the cam within the next two weeks, perhaps I'll discover a label ... though it's equal WHO has built her, perhaps a Tachi-Hao from 1732;-)

With the original holder it should be easy to take the measures and ... spend some more nights vanished in the cellar;-)

Horst