Information on F mount lenses

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by EASmithV, Jun 7, 2009.

1. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there a website where it lists all the lenses Nikon made for the F, as well as a review on how good they were?

2. marsbars

marsbars Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A good resource for anything nikon to start with would be here http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm
    Sorry, don't do fancy links. But you can find a lot of info on Nikon lenses and cameras. Plus there is other links to be found.
    A good place to start.

3. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm trying to find out more about a Nikkor-Q.C 135mm F2.8.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
  4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  5. KenFretz

KenFretz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  7. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nikon didn't have a very good 135 lens until 1976 when the new five element design came out. Prior to that the 135 f/3.5 was first, followed by the 135 f/2.8.

According to the Nikon compendium book I have the 2.8 is reasonable, providing you don't use it at f/2.8 which is the reason for having it in the first place.

The first Nikkor 135 lens I would consider purchasing is the f/2.8 1976 onwards model which has serial numbers 73000-1 to 900000 produced from 01/76 - 09/81. It's weight is 430 gms.

I have used the lens you are considering purchasing many years ago and instead purchased the 105 f/2.5 which is the best Nikkor lens I have. I'm still looking for a good 135 myself.

The series E 135 appears to be like the first 135 Nikkor, reasonable but I don't think many were ever sold, not sure why, but I've never even seen one and I've been looking at 135 Nikon and Nikkor lenses for quite a few years.

Mick.

8. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's the Nikonians site, but if you register there be prepared for endless emails asking you to subscribe, and for your registration to be deleted after a year if you haven't subscribed.