Infrared Filters

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by SAShruby, Sep 23, 2009.

1. SAShruby

SAShruby Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Since I'm in Large format, I guess I'm going to post here. There are some IR filters on Ebay from China. I'm looking for 95mm one in 720nm range. They go usually for $100 or so. Did anyone had a chance to test those?

Are they worthed those bucks?
    Thanks

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    $100 is very inexpensive for an IR filter of that size. If they are good then it's quite a good deal. I think I dropped 2 or 3 times that much for a 77mm filter with similar cutoff, from Hoya.

I would try to find out whether the filter is plastic or glass based, whether it has any coating, whether the threads are plastic, and perhaps you can ask them for a transmission spectrum.

3. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I found a 58 odd millimeter 720mm for $25 on the bay but I'm told that's rare.

4. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Any interest in a 4x4 Kodak Wratten gel in perfect condition?

5. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes please - I've got a gel filter that is starting to show some damage, so it could do with being replaced.

6. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'll research prices and sell it at a substantial discount. I don't think many of the gels I have were ever used... at least they look brand new with no water damage or scratches. Some are still sealed.