Inspiration

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by Markok765, May 29, 2006.

1. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What is your Inspiration? Mine is my uncle that told me, take photots of what u like, work hard and find the best composision.
    Whats yours?

2. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Finding those rare moments of time in the world when a found scene resolves itself into a complete and balanced composition...and to gain the skills to put it on paper.

Murray

3. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My own day to day life...

4. metod

metod Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My inspiration could be a gorgeous morning, a glimpse into a favorite photo book or just chatting with a buddy about hers/his recent photo shoot. But mostly, my big inspiration is Ansel Adams. I admire his hard work and his passion to share with others. I just love the man….

5. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format

ditto

6. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, here's a loaded question. So many answers. Examples in photography, Ansel Adams, Edward Weston, Galen Rowell. Muse, my wife. Gushy, I know, but she makes me feel like I can do anything. I love her. I guess my Inspiration, my divine breath (spiritus) is myself. I got into photography with delusions of grandeur. Now, I must like what I capture or I fell I have wasted something. I suppose it is the legacy of memories I want to leave to those who follow.

7. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My inspiration comes from various places. The latest one was from my grandmother's pencil drawing when she was telling me how she saw the colors in the bright areas and dark areas, etc. Something was definitely cherished in me by seeing her drawing for the first time.

The interesting thing is she has no education or training in arts and crafts, and she is almost blind at the age of 91. She can't see much. But in her drawing, it was clear that she was able to see something and capable of producing it on a piece of paper.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pain, friends, laughter, light, dark, love.

9. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Life!

Meeting the day as it unfolds and seeing what presents

10. athanasius80

athanasius80 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In one word: beauty.

In one phrase: that which makes for an image and draws the viewer in.

11. Sportera

Sportera Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Putting my finger on it is hard, some days it takes all I can muster to get out of bed early and drive into New Orleans. Some days I never make it there, loosing out to emotion, that part of me that says "Do you really want to see more of this?" Other days I hop out of bed determined, and unwaivered. I guess for me inspiration ebbs and flows and is fickle.

12. rfshootist

rfshootist Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    What is inspiration in photography ? I am afraid there are too many interpretations to use this term without a further determination.

But I follow your uncles credo too in some way, it's not only what I like tho, it is what concerns me , which touches and moves me, which causes emotions strong enuff to let me try to keep it with a photo and making the emotions visible.
    The inspiration I know comes from inside solely.

bertram

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  13. steve

steve Member

I have no inspiration of any kind. Just an intense curiosity to see what things will look like in a printed image.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  14. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My family!
    They like to see my images :smile:, so I keep on doing them :wink:!

Cheers

André

15. Cooki

Cooki Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    I always, have at least a P&S on me. When I was about ten years old there was this amazing photo of one of the first Hawker Harriers, (possibly one of the prototypes), coming from together in mid-air with the pilot ejecting ; in the foreground was a very surprised farmer on his tractor looking over his shoulder at this great cloud of aircraft debris.
    The photo had been taken by a fellow who was out shooting an article about farming or some such thing and if I remember correctly it won all sorts of aviation photography awards. Well I haven't won any awards, but I have encountered some interesting photo ops.
    Cooki