Is $140 the fair pirce for my Mamiya Six IV?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by originalphoto, Jan 9, 2011.

1. originalphoto

originalphoto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Recently I got an offer for my Mamiya six IV, it is $140. My mamiya six IV is mint - condition, only problem is 1/2s, 1s shutter speed are lit bittle slow. It comes with a good condition case and lens hood and a yellow filter. I like to know if $140 is a fair price for people in US, Europe, Australian and Japan. here are some photos.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd check eBay and see what they've been going for. I know I'd pay that if I was in the market for one.

3. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My gut tells me that it is low, but I can't really find much to justify my belief. Camera$ on eBay has a Mamiya 6 for $763.98, but their prices are routinely so ridiculous that they mean almost nothing. Also, theirs looks to be the IVB, a newer variant, I am guessing, and I am not sure how that effects pricing on these. I would probably also jump all over the chance to get one in that kind of condition for that price.

4. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I too would buy it instantly at this price. Heck, I'll offer you $150 for it right here and now. :wink:

5. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've paid $100AUD for a non-working one for parts, so I think your price is reasonable. Or I'm stupid. Either way, you're doing well.

6. originalphoto

originalphoto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    just asking for fair price

The story is that I read a post and one guy was looking for Mamiya six desperately for good one and wreck one. I have two of them, one is I posted and another has dead shutter and broke anti double exposure(screwd that is used to fix the part to camera body was broken, that should be much easily fixed by a repair man). The guy offered me 120-140 for mint- one and 70 for broke one. I told him that may far below market price and he told me the market price may be higher in China where I live. So I just want to know what is the fare price for oversea such as US and Europe or Australian. I also post broke one photo here.

Attached Files:

7. originalphoto

originalphoto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    more photo for broke one

here are more photo for broke one. you can make offer for those two camera. Or ask for more larger photo.

Attached Files:

8. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    if your deal doesn't go through, can i buy 3 parts from you ?
    i have 1 complete one, one that is missing 3 parts,
    and a 3rd dead one missing ... the 3 parts ..

thanks !
    john

9. originalphoto

originalphoto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    thanks John. I will prefer to sell the camera as whole piese instead of taking the parts from camera to sell.

10. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    zack or flutot might be able to bring your shutter back to life,
    if you don't sell and want to invest in it ...

good luck !
    john