Is Dan Burkholder still around? 3 weeks after purchase, no package and no email reply

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by LFman, Apr 22, 2013.

1. LFman

LFman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone knows if Dan Burkholder is still around/still ok. I bought a DVD 3 weeks ago from his site and wrote an email a week ago. No reply, no DVD. I'm in Australia, but even just a normal, cheap airmail from the US only takes 5 days. I appreciate some things might hold it up, but 3 weeks and no reply to email makes me hope he's ok/hasn't been hurt, etc. I've heard great things from others, so I'm not suggesting he's providing bad service or anything... just hoping to find out what's happening.

Anyone know how I can contact him besides email? I only found a workshops number but I don't think that's his (I think they take his bookings, but not too sure).

Many thanks for any help :smile:

Daniel

2. mitch brown

mitch brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi
    Dan & Jill are both around , in fact he just posted a new book on digital negs . I am sure something has gone amiss if you haven't heard from him. I will call him for you today and let him know about your post. He is a stand up guy .
    mitch

3. LFman

LFman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Mitch, you are magnificent! Thank you so much. I'm sure there's nothing major wrong... Probably just held up in the system somewhere... and I'm eager to get my hot little hands on the DVD :smile: At least if I know it has been sent, it narrows down the list of places to see where it's held up.

Thanks again for your help :smile: You're terrific!

Daniel

4. mitch brown

mitch brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Daniel
    Just got off the phone with Dan. he is looking for your email as I write this . what DVD did you buy ? If its the new book on Digital neg he just last week finshed it. you could also just download it. anyhow Dan knows about your request.
    mitchel

5. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Gotta love APUG

6. mitch brown

mitch brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Dan responded to the buyer. item was shipped the next day after it was bought on the 4th. gota love the mail. oh dan will send another if not received in next few days.
    mitch

7. LFman

LFman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Mitch, thanks so much for your help. I just got several emails from both Jill and Dan, and apparently the package is stuck somewhere in the postal system in NY. I've had that happen before, but sometimes it's just that they didn't scan the package during transit and it arrives ok, but the tracking system says it's somewhere else.

Oh, and it was the platinum over gold leaf DVD. Can't wait to see it :smile: Not only that, I'll have to buy the new digital negative book, too.

Thanks again, my friend. You went above and beyond!

Daniel.

8. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    USPS can easily take 4 to 6 weeks to Australia depending on the service chosen. Not time to panic yet.

9. LFman

LFman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi, Polyglot :smile: Anytime I've had stuff from the USPS, it has been quite quick. Maybe I was just lucky! Anyway, all resolved for the time being and Dan and Jill have been amazing :smile:

10. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah, depends on which service. Most are 3-5 days, but 6 weeks is definitely an option if the sender cheaps out. I've had one take 9 weeks once.

11. LFman

LFman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I happy to announce that my package arrived safely after a bit of a delay in the US postal system :smile: Dan and Jill have been wonderful, as has everyone here. Many thanks to all for their help :smile: