Is there a ight-weight bag or weatherproof cover for a Mamiya C220f with 80/2.8 lens

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by jimtur35, Mar 5, 2014.

1. jimtur35

jimtur35 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would like to replace the 670g / 1.49lb shoulder bag I use to carry my Mamiya C220f with 80/f2.8 lens around in, for something lighter and slightly smaller; without room for anything else. Preferably available in the UK or EU, and a.s.a.p., as losing that extra weight is of a matter of high priority.

2. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have some Mamiya TLRs, and when I want to go minimal--I use a medium-sized Zing neoprene pouch. It easily slides over the camera, only weighs a few ounces, and works well to cushion the camera with minimal extra bulk. This assumes you have a strap attached to the TLR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...s_561_222_MPBK1_Mediuml_Drawstring_Pouch.html

If the Zing isn't readily available, I'm sure you can find something similar.

3. jp498

jp498 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bet an insulated lunch/cooler bag might work well.

4. jimtur35

jimtur35 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Many thanks Barry.

A quick google found that the medium-size zings are available in the UK, also the large-size. This good news means that I won't necessarily need the car when I take the Mamiya out :laugh:

5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use a fairly small, reasonably light camera bag that was sold as a part of a kit with a consumer grade Canon digital SLR camera a few years ago. It has just enough room for my C330 with waist level finder, 65mm and 135 lenses, a few rolls of film, a hand meter and a couple of smaller accessories.

EDIT: It looks similar to this one: http://www.expansys.com/canon-camera-custom-bag-100-eg-169690/

I have bigger bags when I want to take along the trigger grip, the prism finder and a paramender.

Further EDIT: I see that one is actually heavier than what the OP is using now - oops.

6. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been using a Mamiya C330F for more than 25 years and although I have an ER case for it if I want to travel light I just carry a strong plastic pedal bin liner n my pocket in case it rains.