Is there a moderator for this forum?

Discussion in 'New England' started by PhotoPete, Mar 22, 2006.

1. PhotoPete

PhotoPete Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean recently appointed a number of forum-specific moderators for different subforums in Member-Organized functions. Was anyone made a moderator for the New England forum?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2006
  2. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure why we need a dedicated moderator. I don't see this group getting nasty towards each other nor wandering off topic to some bizarre territory that needs pre-emptive action.
    So far it has been a great group of photogs.

gene

3. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you ever need anything just PM David, Ole or myself.

4. PhotoPete

PhotoPete Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think we have no problems with civility, I am just wondering if there is a tool in the moderator's toolbox that would help us to organize occasional outings to go and shoot.

I think the regular moderators don't need this additional burden on their generosity- I am sure we can make do with what we have. Thanks.

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I think you're asking if there is an organizer or coordinator who organizes events, rather than a moderator who looks after the forum.

In the regional groups, generally events arise on an ad hoc basis as individuals propose them and have the energy to put them together. Some people do this more often than others, so they tend to become the organizers naturally, but in general there is no official structure or hierarchy for these groups, at least not for now, as the events tend to be fairly small, but I suppose that like other things on APUG that have grown in size, there may eventually need to be more structure.

6. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Gene!

Yo mama wears army boots!

Art.

7. PhotoPete

PhotoPete Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, I was looking for a moderator. I was hoping that a moderator might have access to additional features of the site software that might facilitate organization or coordination. I don't think that's the case, so we will use the features available. Thanks for checking in- it's good to know that you guys have your 'antennae' up.

8. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    No, we don't have any calendar features or any way of tracking participants in projects, other than making lists the old fashioned way. We can just moderate posts and ban troublemakers. We can't even do things like send a PM to everyone from a certain region, because the membership database isn't uniform in that way. If people report their region at all, they don't all do it in the same way.

If you need something, though, like a secure page for an address list, ask Sean and he can set it up.

9. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey, my mama did wear army boots! In WW-2, and at 92, she still has them!