Is there any film I can use with this camera (Polaroid Land Camera 1000)

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by BirgerA, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BirgerA

BirgerA Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello all

I've been curious about the impossible project, and remembered that in my little collection of cameras there is a Polaroid Land 1000. 8I believe it was sold as the Polaroid One step in the US.

It says in the film compartment that it takes SX-70 film. Does that mean that I can use the films from Impossible project marked as for the SX-70 cameras?

I'm totally clueless here, the camera was given to me by a family friend some time ago, and just put in a cupboard. ANy help appreciated.

2. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It will take whatever the SX-70 took. I have used the 600 film as well, as long as I remembered to slide a piece of thin cardboard in first, and then remove it once the film pack had cleared the small flange inside the opening. Adjustments had to be made for film speed.

Good luck

3. Alastair_I

Alastair_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The standard reference is to look at The Land List.

If you've a camera that takes 100-series pack film then you're in luck as Fuji FP-100 is compatible.. if not the Impossible Project produces a film for SX-70 and 600-series cameras (although results nay be variable). In the UK it's stocked by Silverprint (link) amongst others.