Is this paper any good?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by J Rollinger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Today i bought an enlarger and some other things and the seller gave me some old paper he had for free. Can it be dated? Any chance it still can produce decent prints. Kodak polyfiber and Ilford RC rapid. Both boxes feel full and i dont want to toss them if they can be used.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
  2. George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Give it a try. I was given a box of old paper - some of it from the 1930-40s is still usable. You never know until you try.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Ilford Multigrade III is quite old. I bought a bunch of this in a mixed lot recently, and almost all of it was at least partially fogged.

Here is a link to the thread I started on it: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/77176-age-identification-ilford-mgiii-paper.html

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to try it out.

EDIT: I just noticed that you posted this in the Colour: Film and Paper forum. I'm assuming you know that your paper is Black & White

4. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a stash of Ilford MG III that I use for lith printing. Also have a couple of boxes of Kodak Bromesko that have been used for a postcard exchange - Both lots of paper have been fine. On the other hand, picked up a part used box of Ilford MG IV, and it is fogged beyond use, so it is getting fixed out & used for carbon printing.

5. sarahfoto

sarahfoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format