Issue With One of My A12 Backs

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by BradleyK, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BradleyK

BradleyK Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just pulled from the "darkroom" (a.k.a. the guest bathroom) eight rolls of film (FP4 Plus) that I processed earlier today; having shot the film over the course of the last two weekends, I decided to spend the evening getting caught up with my darkroom work. Cutting them into strips to fit my Printfile pages, I noticed something odd: the spacing between the images differs on several of the rolls. i.e. on five of the rolls, the space is a few millimetres, as is typical for the Hasselblad film backs; on three others, the spacing ranges from less than 2 millimetres to almost half-an-inch! What gives? Am I experiencing wear on the gears that transport the film? Is this typical? Is the issue repairable at a "reasonable" cost, or should I just pick up some replacements from KEH? Unfortunately, I can only isolate the problem down to four of my A12s (I use black for black and white...). Thus far, I have not lost any images due to the issue, but may run the risk of doing so if the problem worsens. Ideas?

2. epig

epig Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Send 2 at a time to David Odess or another well regarded tech for O/H. Better than buying some used unknown problem backs.

Eric

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Contact Horst Wenzel - pm me if you need contact info.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is time for a CLA. You will find the investment in the CLA well worth it.