J and C Polywarmtone

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Doug Bennett, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Doug Bennett

Doug Bennett Member

It would appear to me that J and C's Polywarmtone might be repackaged Forte Polywarmtone Museum weight (I don't know of anyone else making a 320 gram paper). And I guess Polywarmtone Chamois might be Forte Polywarmtone Art. Both at a great price, and I'd love to give J and C any support I can. Has anyone tried it?

I just finished my first run of Forte Polywarmtone Museum, and really liked it. In selenium, it takes on a subtle red hue if you get it at just the right time. Wait too long, however, and it goes way red.

I asked J and C, but understandibly, they can't say; license agreements, I guess.

Doug

2. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've used both J&C Classic and Forte Polywarmtone and they are not the same paper. The J&C speed is about the same as Ilford Warmtone; Forte's speed is much slower.

All in all, I like the J&C paper, especially when developed in Agfa Neutal WA.

3. tim atherton

tim atherton Inactive

Not sure if they are the same, but the Forte is very nice for contact prints with the Neutol WA mentioned already

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    and just as a side note, this paper is now available in the 11x14 size :smile: