JandC Classic Museum Paper

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by mikewhi, Oct 3, 2004.

1. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hi:

I see this paper mentioned on the JandC site, but can't find where to buy it on the site. All is see is the polywarmtone paper. I'd like to try out the Museum paper - can someone help me out? I must be overlooking something simple.

-Mike

2. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Never mind......I found it. I did have to do a search for it, I couldn't find a direct link to it, though.

Thanks.

-Mike

3. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its not available in all sizes, just 12X16 & 16X20 I believe. I bought some of the 16X20 but have been too busy to try it, maybe next weekend.

4. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Bumping......

Anyone tried this yet? I rec'd some 12x16 and 16x20. It's triple weight, 360 gram.
    I am still developing negatives, but I'll be trying it out fairly soon. I'll post what I can when I start using it. I'll put something in my gallery, maybe the same negative on this paper and something more widely used (like Ilford Galerie) to compare it to. I'll contact a step-wedge and measure the DR of the paper (I have Normal grade, it comes in Normal, Hard and Soft - kinda like cats).

-Mike

5. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I printed some 4X5 negs on 16X20 hard grade, and really like the results. Used Agfa Neutol WA which gave a slightly warm tone to the prints. In another thread, J&C mention that the paper is actually Forte Fortezo grades #2, #3, & #4. The actual size of the paper is 50-60mm ( had to make my homemade 16X20 easel adjustable to hold it properly). Look forward to them carrying all sizes in this excellent paper.

6. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format

7. Dean Williams

Dean Williams Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it is Mike, try some Selectol Soft. Should knock it down a half grade at least.