Jeff Wall - article and interview

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by MattKing, May 26, 2008.

1. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An interesting article about, and interview with local photographer/artist Jeff Wall:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=d653fd09-324e-4e82-9cf8-19f7b847a605

I especially like the snippet: "Everything I've done starts from some sort of unanticipated intuition".

The sketches and photographs linked to the story (scroll down the right side for "Related Links") are interesting as well (particularly the sketches :smile:).

If I correctly understand earlier posts made by Bob Carnie here, Jeff Wall is one of the largest users of Ilfochrome around.

Matt

2. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice link Matt. Thanks. I've always liked Wall's work.

Regards, Art.

3. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, quite literally. I saw an exhibition of his work in Vienna, and the size of the prints was massive.

4. Chris Breitenstein

Chris Breitenstein Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I may be mistaken, But I think Wall uses more digital capture now then anything. Given the complexity of some of his compositions and massive amount of stitching required to create them. It is very possible that I am confusing Wall with another photographer. Either way his work is great.

Being able to make a living off your art without compromising your vision is damn near impossible. Congrats to all those who can have their cake and eat it too!

Yours:

Christopher J Breitenstein

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This was probably four or five years ago, and I'm pretty sure at least a lot of it was Ilfochrome.