Jobo CPA-2 PUMP Trouble

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by b.cipolla, Aug 4, 2011.

1. b.cipolla

b.cipolla Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have discovered that the water pump on the Jobo CPA-2 that I purchased does not work. I have also figured out that it is definitely the pump and not a problem with the circuit board. People have talked about using a garden pump as a quick replacement and I was wondering if anyone had any instructions on using an alternative pump. Exactly what type of pump should I be looking at and how do I install it? I have made contacts that have offered to sell me the actual Jobo part but money is tight right now and I am becoming increasingly impatient with this processor. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where are you located? I have an old CPA2 that the pump is working fine on, but the circuit board is failing. I could get the pump out of it and send it to you for not too much (say $50) plus actual shipping, with no guarantees of lifespan.

3. b.cipolla

b.cipolla Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm living in northern New Jersey.

4. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually, if you're willing to come to DC or a reasonable mid-way location (say in the Philly area) I can even give you my old CPA2 and you can scavenge all the spare parts off it you need. I just want the thing out of my house, as I've got a newer CPP2+ now.

5. b.cipolla

b.cipolla Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Wow. Thank you for the offer. I just sent you a PM.