Jobo lift missing something...

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by chioque, Jun 17, 2011.

1. chioque

chioque Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just acquired my first ever Jobo, which is a CPE2+ with lift, which I'm so thrilled about. I just had it delivered today from Germany, where I bought it from. I'm still in my office right now so cannot test whether it's working as described. But from inspection, the lift may be missing something. Please look at the photo I attached. Appreciate those that are familiar with the item could identify the missing part in my case.

Please pay attention to the white cog-like thing. It seems originally it must have been a pair, but in this case the lift comes with only one. What does this thing do and whether its missing pair is critical. Also appreciate if anyone can tell me where I could locate spares for it.

Thank you so much in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Scott_Sheppard

Scott_Sheppard Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your lift is correct and there is only ONE transfer gear. You are good to go. !!

3. chioque

chioque Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great... that's a relief. Thank you very much Scott for the confirmation. Can't wait to get back home and have a test run of the machine. Thank you thank you. I'm not familiar with the machine so please excuse my ignorance and unfounded panic :smile:

4. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yours is like mine, only one drive cog. It can be placed on either side of the unit, hence the extra space.

I guess Scott types faster than me, plus I had to look at mine to verify(just got one as well).

5. amedway

amedway Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think it is meant to be that way, I think the hole is for parts on the bigger processors I think (like the ATL series). I have a cpp2 with lift and it works fine without it.
    Not sure where to get parts, apart from searching ebay...

They are handy processors, enjoy.

6. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As stated by Scott et al, it is exactly as it should be.

Enjoy! :smile:

Steve

7. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    In my Jobo lift (which I use with a CPP-2) the white cog is on the right side, the red cap is on the upper hole, and the funnel is on the lower hole. This configuration of mine works with 1500 series Jobo tanks.

I imagine that the funnel on the upper hole is needed in case you use a tank of a larger series, e.g. an Expert Drum. In that case you would swap the content of the two "holes" and maybe you have to change place to the white gear.

Your present configuration seems to be the one for the larger tanks, and you might have to move things a bit if you want to use 1500 tanks.

8. chioque

chioque Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good news for me. I like using steel reels rather than plastics. I went through my 4 120 Hewes and realised than one is different. Upon closer inspection and googling I realised it's actually a 1566 Jobo Hewes steel reel which can be used in the Jobo 1500 tanks as well as Paterson tanks.

9. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There should be a set of extension arms for the tank rollers so that 1500 series tanks use the same fill point as 2500 series tanks. All I do is adjust the roller height and spread with the arms to use the smaller tank.