Jon Goodman Light Seal Kits

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Shawn Dougherty, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've searched/read through many threads and want to buy a RB67 Pro S and 120 back light seal kit from Jon. Sent him an e-mail from an address I found in search here but haven't heard back, wondering if it was even the right address?

I used - jon_goodman at yahoo.com

Can anyone confirm his current e-mail address or which fellow he is for sure on fleabay?

The info is scattered through all sorts of threads, thought one specifically about his kits might be in order.

Thanks in advance. Shawn

2. Dan Daniel

Dan Daniel Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In responding to a recent question I sent him, he replied using the following address:

JGood21967@aol.com

On ebay, search for 'interslice'

3. Shawn Dougherty

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Dan!!!!!!!!

4. DLM

DLM Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I looked and that's the email address I have in my Gmail acct for him. His kits are great. He used my Minolta Autocord back to measure for a kit to sell, so I got those seals replaced, and I also bought kits for my Mamiya M645 and Olympus XA.

5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've purchased two kits from him and they are complete and very well made, I don't know of anyone who provides such a great product. I encourage anyone one who thinks they need to replace the seals on photo equipment to contact Jon and get a kit.

Curt

6. Dan Daniel

Dan Daniel Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey DLM- thanks for loaning him the 'Cord! That's what I emailed him about recently, a kit for the Autocord, and he wrote back saying that he had just finished developing it.

Yeah, highly recommended. He's been at it for a long. One of the good people. And someone on ebay has been ripping him off; selling kits with 'instructions included!' as part of the description. The 'instructions' are copies of Jon Goodman's instructions. He says that ebay could care less.....

7. ShaunQ

ShaunQ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I contacted him recently and he emailed back the next day, great to know someone like him cares about his customers so much, just waiting for him to release a light seal kit for the RZ67 now, come on Jon!

8. Shawn Dougherty

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks fellows, I was able to get in touch with Jon and get a total for my order. Very responsive fellow. Now I just need to lay off the coffee until I get this done =)

9. danegermouse

danegermouse Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    another vote for Jon as one the great blokes selling stuff on the interweb. i bought one of his his uncut kits a few years back and have replaced a few seals on my canon fd bodies as well as my rb67 with 2 120 backs. his instructions are very precise and I am not even half way through the foam. he was very responsive and posted the kit to australia in not time at all. if i didn't have so much of the original kit left over i would be doing business with him again.

dane.

10. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I believe that Jon Goodman sells on eBay as "interslice," so you can search that way, too. I just checked, and at the very least there is an eBay seller called "interslice" who's selling camera seal kits. (I realize this information is too late for Shawn, but it might be useful for others.)

11. MFstooges

MFstooges Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    His last name says it all. Customer service is top notch and the kit is very well made. It's not expensive so buy two! just in case

12. Shawn Dougherty

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Received and installed my light seal kit for the RB67. I replaced everything - mirror box, RB (both sides) and the 120 back. Will take it out after work to test it. Fingers crossed!

BTW, service was quick and friendly and the instructions were top notch.

13. pacman1213

pacman1213 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought a Kit for my M645 1000s a few months back and he was very quick to send the kit. Also, his prices are very reasonable.

The kit is great, all pieces are pre cut and ready. Instructions are included and they are very detailed and easy to read.

I highly recommend getting a light Seal Kit from him!

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. NormanV

NormanV Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I bought an uncut set of foam from him a year or so ago. He emailed shortly afterwards to check everything was ok. I call that service and for only a $10 sale!

16. Paul Armstrong

Paul Armstrong Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    When were your inquires/transactions sent? I've sent 2 e-mails following these glowing references to inquire about Hassy kits or foam and not received any reply. Is he still in business? What contact info are you using?

17. danegermouse

danegermouse Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    try contacting through "interslice" at ebay. "contact seller" link should get you in contact with him and he will either do business there or redirect to an active email account. i have heard that some people have used different email addresses for him so this might be your best bet.

dane.

18. dnk512

dnk512 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another perfect experience with Jon here, too!

19. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought three kits 2 weeks ago, off of Interslice on ebay, and they arrived 3 days ago. Two of the three are installed already. The last one will be done once that camera has it's current roll finished.

As others have said. Good materials, excellent instructions, perfect fit.

I have about 5 or 6 other cameras that need the same treatment, and now I am sure I have located the right source for their needs.

20. Shawn Dougherty

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just bought a couple more light seal kits from Jon Goodman, this time for 35mm cameras. Excellent service, quality product, perfect instructions. A great guy and resource for APUG. I reached him through e-mail JGood21967 "at" aol "dot" com.

21. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm quick to second that. Several months ago I replaced the seals on a Mamiya C330S. The kit was precision cut to the exact dimensions. The instructions were on point and easy to visualize. Delivery was extraordinarily prompt.

Plus something else not always considered, the foam type itself, selected by Jon, is a great match. Very resilient, mine has yet to show any memory effects. When I open the camera back the foam still fully expands and looks like it was installed yesterday. And equally as important, no VOCs to outgas and fog the inner lens surfaces and film compartment.

Highly recommended product...

:smile:

Ken

22. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jon Goodman is truly A Good Man

Jon Goodman exemplifies his name. I contacted him for seals for my OM-4 and he sent the seals before I sent him the check! This trust and faith in one's fellow humans is so refreshing in this cynical age.

I believe he quit selling on FleaBay at one point at least, because some low-lifes were poaching his excellent instructions for their sorry rip-off kits.

23. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    while i haven't bought jon's seals, when he was regularly selling things here in the classifides here
    i bought a watch from him, and i wear it all the time. its a mechanical gem sent to me for less than
    the price of the wristband i put on it. the jeweler asked where i got the watch and how much i paid
    and he was in utter disbelief. as grhazelton states jon exemplifies his name and he a good man !

24. Adam W

Adam W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can top that! He sent me the seals and insisted I not pay at all.

25. Brett Rogers

Brett Rogers Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    When I happened to mention in passing that I needed to track down a spare prism in order to get an early Contaflex going, Jon was kind enough to send it to me free of charge for the cost of postage. And he threw in a spare focus screen he had as well. I've never bought any seals etc. from him: he's just a really nice guy. I'd recommend him to anyone.

26. one90guy

one90guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have been using his light seal kits since 2008, always quick service, excellent instructions, and cut widths are prefect fits. My only connection with Jon is a happy customer.

David