Just bought my first 120 folder

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by dustym, Oct 31, 2005.

1. dustym

dustym Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ive heard a lot of great things about this camera fully serviced and guaranteed
    coupled rangefinder light tight bellows shutter works on all speeds

[​IMG]

2. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Nice! :D

Welcome to the club...

3. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well, congrats!
    You can`t go wrong with a Tessar, I own one East German Zeiss Ercona with a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 10,5 cm f/3.5 *T, Tempor shutter.
    Say what? It´s just great.:smile:

Cheers

André

4. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a slippery slope. As far as I can tell they reproduce asexually, and faster than rabbits. They mutate rapidly as well. Zeiss Ikons begetting Kodaks, Voightlanders (sp?), Ensigns, Agfas, etc. Pretty soon your house will be an Ark with cameras marching 6x6 and 6x9 and the little baby 6x4.5's until you can't see the floor. Then they'll evolve into more complex bellowed beast like Fuji's and Mamiya TLR's, until they finally shed their primitive bellows for boxes, eventually becoming SLR's. Sure there will be a few coelecanth-like large format view cameras lurking in the hidden away places of your closet, but the MF SLR's will rule the world.

At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

5. highpeak

highpeak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Looks like a nice piece of equipment. enjoy using it.

6. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Congratulations.

I can't quite seem to make out if this is the 530/16 or the 532/16. It's probably the digital photo, but it appears that the lens/shutter assembly is angled slightly downward about 2 degrees or so. The design of these cameras actually works against it, but just make sure that the struts are fully extended and locked into position.

The 530/16 used the older style two window approach: one for focusing and another for composing your photo. The 532/16 unified the rangefinder and viewfinder into one window.

The Tessars on these cameras are quite good. Beware of the usual situations where flare could be a problem, and I think you'll really enjoy using it. I'd probably run a quick roll through the camera just to ensure that everything is spot on.

7. dustym

dustym Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its a 532/16, thanks for the info

rgds
    dusty

8. ChuckP

ChuckP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe I just have dirty cameras but I find I have fewer dust problems if I wind to the next frame just before taking the picture. After opening and setting up the camera. I started out winding on right after taking a picture. Closing and opening the camera for the next use always stirred up some dust. Hope you like your folder and don't acquire more then 4 others.