Just bought RB67 Pro-S 120 back + Attached Revolving Adapter

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by fmajor, Apr 21, 2012.

1. fmajor

fmajor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Gang -

As the title states; I *just* bought a new-to-me 120 back for my RB67 Pro-S (and looks to be in EXC condition) via the big auction site. The interesting thing is that it came with the *attached* Revolving Adapter!!!

I pd $71 US for it and by the photos (of the *actual* item being sold), they both look in EXC condition. I called the Camera store and spoke w/the guy there and he confirmed that the mechanicals worked as they should, but maybe needed new light-seals (nothing new there...).

SO, was this a "Good", "Bad", or "WOW - there's one born every second" price?

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It sounds like a good price. Are you confident that both the back and the revolving adapter are Pro-S models, rather than the older Pro models?

As I expect you know, you can use the Pro backs and adapters on the Pro-S bodies, but you lose the double-exposure interlock.

3. fmajor

fmajor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Matt -

Yep, the photos show the Pro-S emblem on the back as well as the double-exposure lock - thereby ensuring that both the magazine back "cover" as well as insert are Pro-S. I'm pretty stoked as both are in much better cosmetic condition than my current set!!!

In any event, i'm planning on re-sealing both just to be sure.