Just Found Two Old Complete Canon FD Lens Booklets.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by papisa, Jul 26, 2006.

1. papisa

papisa Member

Dec 16, 2005
    These two booklets were in a box my friend gave me today, i bought from him a old Canon AE-1 about 3 weeks ago and he said there is another Canon box on a shelf in the basement, because it has a date when the camera was bought on 3-5-77.

The first booklet is small in size=3" H x 6" inches Long, it is printed in 5 different languages, the first one is in Japanese, # 2 is English and what ever the 3 others are, it has 95 pages to it.
    Contents reads=Description of parts, Handling the Lens, Operation, Lens Accessory and then Specifications and boy is it in very small and fine print. How to disconnect the lens, then a few lens have a built in hoods and gives the letters and numbers of the hoods and so forth.

The second book is 5" H X 6" inches Long and it has 60 pages to it. On the Cover it Reads=Canon Interchangeable Lenses and at the bottom right it reads Canon FD.
    On page 5 it shows all of the FD Lenes, 48 in all. [ Yes, i did Count them ALL. ]Contents has how to select a lens, Fish Eye Lens, Macro Lens, Macrophoto Lens, Tilt and Shift Lens, and it shows 2 Extender #'s and the Canon Lens Table by every FD Lens #'s.

It list like Angle of View, Magnifaction and Filter size ETC. I would say if you need any information on the Older FD #'s this has it.
    This is in such SMALL PRINT you would have to be 16 years old and have 20-20 Vision or eyes to read it.

I do not no if anyone out there could use this Information but just in case i thought i would let all of you no.

If any ones needs some information out of either book, send me by e-mail and let me no what you need or numbers and so forth and i will Scan the page or pages in and send them to you by your e-mail.