Just starting... need help

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by ritafalcao, Sep 21, 2004.

1. ritafalcao

ritafalcao Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi

I just received a MEOPTA AXOMAT 5a enlarger I don't know very well how to operate with it! I've had some classes a few years ago but i never had to assemble one and I need help!

I have a 2.8 50mm Nikkor lens. I have problems focusing... i can only get very small focused images, something like 10x15 (cm)! I must be doing something wrong!

Can you help me! One thing i wasn't sure about was what is the correct position for the condenser!

Thnks

2. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Juraj Kovacik

Juraj Kovacik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    there is some problem. with 50 mm you would be able to do maybe slightly more then 40 cm prints (from 35 mm negatives). Try to mount lens ring in opposite orientation, so it will be closer to the negative holder.

4. FrankB

FrankB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think Juraj has it.

The first night I had my LPL 7700 set up I put the lens plate in upside down and had very small images indeed until I figured it out! :rolleyes:

5. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Yes, it's a common mistake with the Meopta. Take the lens ring out and turn it around. I find with a 50mm lens the mount should be sticking inwards, whereas with 80mm+ lenses it should be pointing outwards.

6. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi There!

You know, I had this same problem with my Beseler 23C II... I could only enlarge to 5x7 (inches). I discovered that I needed a recessed lensboard. So, I think that what everyone is saying will probably work for you! Good luck! Looks like someone found you a link to a manual. That will help, too!
    Jeanette

7. ritafalcao

ritafalcao Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everybody! With your help I could solve the problem! The lens ring was the other way around! Now it is working properly! Thank you all! This is one of the best forum I've seen! Very efficient!