Kaiser VCP6000 are they good and do they do large format?

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by martingriffy, May 12, 2011.

1. martingriffy

martingriffy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

Im looking to get a secondhand enlarger and the Kaiser VCP6000 is one option and there is a Durst M305 and a Meopta Opemus 6

Which one is best, do any go to large format and what is a reasonable price?

Any info would be much appreciated as my knowledge of enlargers is just of using a De Vere 504 and nothing of other brands, and I cant find any info on the internet either.

Thank you very much in advance
    Cheers
    Martin

2. tomalophicon

tomalophicon Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    I have the Kaiser and it's a great little enlarger but it doesn't do large format. I don't think any of them do large format. Compared, at least, to a Durst M601, it's just as good.

3. Martin Aislabie

Martin Aislabie Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    A Kaiser 6000 Series Enlarger will do 6x6 - they are still in production

A Durst M305 will only do 35mm - out of production

An Opemus 6 will also do 6x6 - out of production

Kaiser make nice well engineered enlargers - of the 3 choices, I would go for this one.

However, compared to a DeVere they all will seem rather small and insubstantial

I should declare I have both a DeVere 504 & a Kaiser 9005 (6x9)

Just remember, all enlargers are just simple light boxes - its the lens that really makes a difference to the final image quality and its the ergonomics that affect how you feel about your enlarger

Kaisers web site - http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/produkte/2_1_sortiment.asp?w=19

Martin

4. martingriffy

martingriffy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you both for your replies, I decided against buying all of them in the end and after some sensible contemplation I figured that if I aim to get an enlarger for when I finish uni in a year or two, that I could probably save enough along the way to get a decent second-hand De Vere - then ill not need to think of upgrading at all, whilst collecting other other darkroom essentials bit by bit over that period.

Thanks again
    Martin