Karsh photos on three stamps

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Rob Skeoch, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I found this information at the Post office.... maybe you will find it interesting as well. I've condensed it a bit.

"This year, Canada Post marks the 100th anniversary of Yousuf Karsh's birth with a trio of exceptional stamps featuring three of his famous photographs."

It goes on to say...
    "An international rate $1.60 stamp features the photograph that made Karsh famous.... taken in 1941 when British prime minister Winston Churchill visited Ottawa... the Churchill photograph was an obvious choice for the stamp."

For the US rate $.96 stamp they picked the tranquil portrait of Audrey Hepburn while a self-portrait of Karsh at work was chosen for the domestic $.52 stamp.

They go on sale on May 21.

-Rob

2. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice to hear that Rob.I'll definitely pick up a few samples.

3. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    OH heck, how do I get stamps here in the States?
    :sad:

4. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    You could order a new Ebony 4x5 or Zeiss Ikon from me and when i ship it I'll use the new stamps..... just an thought.
    -rob

5. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Evening, Robert,

Canadian philatelic items can be obtained from the National Philatelic Centre, Canada Post Corporation, 75 St. Ninian Street, Antigonish, NS B2 2R8, Canada. Telephone from the U. S. is 800-565-4362; a web site (www.canadapost.ca) is another possibility. I don't collect Canada, so I can't offer any evaluation of the Canadian agency.

Konical