Kayell QLD

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Krzys, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A good store in Yerongpilly for second hand film equipment sold on consignment. I got some 4x5 holders today for $5.

Though my warning is to stay away from the old guy. You will know who I mean if you see him. He was condescending to the max and gave me crap for shooting film the entire time. I was about to leave before another sales guy stepped in to offer me a better price.

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's nice to hear that it's a good store, and kind of funny that the anti-film guy is the old guy. Surely if they sell film, he should support it.

3. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    He was pretty much insulting my interest, status and the equipment itself.

'You're a student?'
    yes, studying science
    'Haha, only the students are using film these days'
    *goes on to tell me about how those studying science should know better, that digital is superior to film and how the equipment they are selling is about to fall apart

fantastic

Just for the record all of the holders but one are in excellent condition. The other needs a little gaffers tape.

4. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fantastic sales pitch!! No wonder they always seem to have the same gear listed in the Photo Trader - with salespeople like this, it's no wonder the gear isn't moving!!:D

Had a friend enquire about a Canon EF70-200 f2.8 they had listed - never got back to him; so he bought new from B&H and saved a bundle. How do they stay in business????

5. SMBooth

SMBooth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    4x5 film holders for $5, l'll take his crap for that price. :smile:

6. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    3 left, need TLC

7. mesh

mesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Yeah the 'old guy' once told me to stop shooting film because I was "an idiot". Complete %$#@! if you ask me - he must own the place otherwise he'd have been sacked long ago. The person who runs the second hand department is very helpful and knowledgeable though - great to deal with. Overall prices seem fair (especially compared to anywhere else in Brisbane!)

8. flashgumby

flashgumby Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It almost makes me want to take a drive to Brisbane to have a talk with the old... ummm, gentleman (?) :rolleyes:

Getting crap over shooting film after a 10 hour drive would make it a rather interesting conversation :wink:

Regards,
    Gordon

9. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ha, you should of told him, yes, like people, old sales people seem to be negative, are not flexible, lack understanding and should be replace by more current people. They seem to be falling apart. :wink:

10. wotalegend

wotalegend Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am in the age group which you might consider as "old" and I am currently looking for work, although I don't work in sales. I come up against this unfortunate stereotype every day, and I hope that you don't genuinely believe in what you have written here.