Keep, sell or throw out?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Shootar401, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Shootar401

Shootar401 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have two cameras I don't need a Konica C35 and a Yashica Electo 35GSN. Both are not working for whatever reason. Actually they both "work" the C35 has a meter issue and only fires at 1/500th and bulb and the Yashica looks like it was taken apart, but it works 50% of the time.

Was wondering if it's worth keeping them for parts/screws or should I just sell them or even just throw them away?

2. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Offer them here for the price of postage.

3. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i have the problem a lot lately as i clean out stuff from my "that's cool!" period. If boxing it and mailing it if someone else pays the postage feels like too much trouble, just toss it.

especially if it doesn't work, as the two you mention seem to not. Maybe find a little kid who will like them as decorations/toys, or take them apart just to see how they work.

whichever, be at peace. At these prices, there's really no wrong answers.

4. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some people need the cameras for parts - for whatever reason. "Toss it" means trash, and that's a bad idea for things that could be reused to get other C35 and 35GSNs back and working.

5. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe it is good idea to have thread on "Classifieds For Trade": something like changing "thrash or toys" for "thrash or toys or films"?

6. mweintraub

mweintraub Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Don't trash it. If anything, put a note on it and dontate it to a thrift store or Goodwill or something