KEH

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Richard D., Jun 21, 2006.

1. Richard D.

Richard D. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I had some equipment I wanted to sell and I asked KEH if they were interested. I described the equipment as best I could. Worth $400, subject to inspection, they said. That's acceptable, I said, and I sent it in. Imagine my shock today when they sent me an e-mail saying it came in better than my description and they were sending me $440!

2. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Richard, I know your excited, but why does this have to be posted in mulitiple catagories?

Just curious.

R.

3. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Richard,

I have always had good luck with purchasing used equipment from KEH. They have always struck me as being honest and reliable in their sales of conservatively rated equipment. Good to know that they do the same for the purchase of used equipment in good or better condition. :smile:

Also, I am sure that you are very pleased that you received a check for 10% more than they had quoted and you had expected. :D

Rich

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Congratulations on your success, but no need to post multiple threads. I've deleted the duplicates. Post it once, and it will appear in everyone's "new posts" view.

5. epatsellis

epatsellis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can only add that every experience I've ever had with KEH has been excellent! I recently (last week) purchased an ugly condition 135 f2 Nikkor from them for a cheap walkaround lens on my Nikon F. I was shocked when it arrived, the only fault I can find with it is a ding on the sliding lens hood, glass is perfect! I can wholeheartedly reccomend KEH 100%, just remember to order lenscaps unless the listing specifically says with caps.

erie patsellis

6. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    How are they for camera repairs? I was thinking about having my F5 serviced by them.

7. Shawn Rahman

Shawn Rahman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Robert,

KEH is a great place, but I've never tried them for repairs> I thought I'd give you another recommendation:

I recently had my F3HP CLA'd and had a new lens mount installed by Authorized Photo Service. They were SENSATIONAL.

http://www.authorizedphoto.com/

The actual technician that worked on my camera spent 10 minutes on the phone with me discussing the work he was going to do. Total turnaround time was great. Three days after I authorized the work, the camera was on its way back to me.

Good luck.