Keiv 6x6 system

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by jordanstarr, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jordanstarr

jordanstarr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know a lot of you guys have upgraded and have a Keiv 6x6 (Hasselblad copy) kicking around that hasn't been used in ages. Well, I have a friend that is working on a farm all summer and at the end of it all, wants to get a film medium format camera. I sold him on the idea after a day of walking around with my Hasselblad, developing the film and scanning the results. He's sold and wants to come join the film club. Anyone have a system to help him start out? He likes the Hasselblads, but would prefer a cheaper Keiv to start out with. He likes the WLF perspective, so we're aiming for that. Let me know what you have and a price with shipping to Canada.

Thanks...
    Jordan.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Might help if you put WTB in the title, I had to get halfway through before I discovered you wanted to buy one !!!!!!! Recent Classifieds on the left bar don;t show it's posted in the wanted section.

Ian

3. Maris

Maris Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just bought a Kiev 60 MLU version with a waist level finder from Yuriy Davidenko who styles himself as DVD Technik on Ebay. The first camera he sent had a minor problem so he replaced it with perfect one, no questions asked. He is a good dealer.

The Kiev 60 MLU+WLF looks like new/old stock that has had the MLU function added after it left the Zavod Arsenal factory in the Ukraine. These cameras represent a opportunity to get into the extraordinary and cheap lenses from the old Soviet bloc.

At about $200 for a 6x6 SLR with a focal plane shutter I think I did well!

4. Sully75

Sully75 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You might consider what I did in the same situation and buy a Mamiya C330. Much cheaper than a Hasselblad but I think more reliable than a russian camera. My guess, anyway. The image quality can be stunning, the lenses are very good. The body is bigger than a hasselblad but there's no mirror flipping up (so better for portraits) and the lenses are much smaller so all in all it's a compact enough unit. Also has bellows so no tubes are needed.

Just a thought.