kentmere fineprint vc (fb) and local bleaching

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by phritz phantom, Jul 20, 2007.

1. phritz phantom

phritz phantom Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    is kentmere fineprint baryt considered a good paper for local bleaching with pot.ferricyanide?
    i've tried it a few times and am not sure about it. i got acceptable results, but many times i get a brown (or slightely different) color and sometimes it affects parts very quickly and leaving marks, where there shouldn't be.
    i haven't quite managed to get consistent results with local bleaching, so it can be both: the paper or my technique.

thanks.

2. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Fritz...

I haven't tried the paper in question, but I guess that you'll never get the same results with a VC paper that you get with a real (graded) one. The complicated emulsion will complicate things and is liable to present problems, like the ones you have encountered. Try a graded paper and I think you'll be satisfied...

3. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I can also add that I have just tried some Selenium toning (KRST 1+3, 10 min)with this paper (branded as Tetenal Baryt Vario) and the influence of the toner to the paper was almost invisible...