Kiev 4 AM + Argus C3 questions

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by MrMushroomMan, Aug 22, 2008.

1. MrMushroomMan

MrMushroomMan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Could someone explain the controls to me? I can't quite figure everything out, and another thing; the rangefinder IS supposed to change when you focus from the minimum to maximum distance right? I sent my kiev out to be cleaned, lubricated, to calibrate it's shutter and anything else that they found wrong with it and the rangefinder doesn't seem to change when I try to focus past the 2.5 mark.....

I know how to change the shutter speed and arm the shutter [and fire it], I assume the lever next to the lens is the self timer? I know how to open the back to load film....I'm kinda just wondering if it has any mechanical quirks, I.E. if I activate the self timer I can't change the shutter speed. I have another camera that has a few of those and luckily I didn't do anything to break it before I found a manual. I can't find a very good manual for this one so I was hoping someone here could help.

-----
    Argus C3
    -----

I'm in the process of cleaning and re-lubricating my argus, how do I fix a stiff range finder dial?
    And how do I open the lens up to lube the aperture dial? it's quite stiff as well....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  2. DBP

DBP Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. MrMushroomMan

MrMushroomMan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've fixed the aperture dial....just had to use a needle to work some oil down into it. Hopefully it won't leak onto the blades.....

Fixed rangefinder dial too...again, a lot of oil and a needle did the trick....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  4. bnstein

bnstein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  5. MrMushroomMan

MrMushroomMan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format