King Concept RP 2001 Processor

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by pandino, Sep 3, 2006.

1. pandino

pandino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is anybody familiar with the King Concept RP 2001 electronic rotary processor? I believe it was distributed by Omega/Arkay.

I'm wondering if it is worth trying, because I fear parts and service may no longer be available. It looks like it might be comparable to the JOBO 2X00, but I can't find any info on it.

I'd love to have a PDF of the manual if anybody has one...

Thanks.

2. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not familiar with the King Concept, but when processors are concerned, (usually) the hardest to replace parts (when the OEM spares are gone) are gears, rubber rollers and electronic components like ICs or boards. Everything else on the other hand can be replaced with an equivalent. Switches, themostats and temperature controllers, and wiring can be replaced. I once got a roller-transport print processor in a near scapped state. The rollers were fine, but the heaters and pumps were gone. A thorough search from electrical suppliers got me suitable chemical pumps (not exactly the size, and required a modified mounting, but worked right). As for the heaters, I found some suppliers who customised heating elements which normally went into water heaters. They made me a couple of elements sheathed in surgical grade stainless steel which was able to withstand the RA4 developer bath. They also suggested making elements sheathed in pyrex glass.

Jay