Kiron 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 Macro (NIB)

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by lilmsmaggie, Aug 6, 2009.

1. lilmsmaggie

lilmsmaggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Kiron 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 Macro, Minolta mount lens, new in the box. Its been sitting in the closet the past 20 yrs. with my Minolta X-700.

I recently resurrected the X-700, bought a couple rolls of film for it today.
    Couldn't remember why I purchased this lens. I'm mean to say, I probably could have easily purchased a Sigma, Tamron or even Minolta for that matter.

Is there anyone out there familiar with this particular lens?

2. werra

werra Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have this lens in Y/C mount. Excellent image quality but somewhat clumsy ergonomics. Zoom and focus movement are a bit tight and iris is stuck as of now (used to work OK). But this could easily be the current sample problem, as it looks heavily used. Give it a try, you might be very positively surprised.

3. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have this lens in Y/C mount also. It's better than I thought it would be, but then Kiron made good lenses. I bought it to replace a Tamron that was stolen. I paid about $50 for it used. I think the focus changes when you zoom IIRC.

4. lilmsmaggie

lilmsmaggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So far, I've heard from people who have it in other mounts as well as Minolta. Most seem to have liked this lens. I have 50-135 3.5 and 28mm 2.5 Rokkor's, so I may wind up selling it, but then again it may be interesting to play with for awhile.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Since you already have on hand go ahead use it, if you don't like it sell it and get another lense from KEH(or another place).

Jeff