Knurled Knob supplier

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by donbga, Apr 9, 2006.

1. donbga

donbga Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I'm not sure if this supplier has been cited before but you can check this site for knurled knobs:

http://www.carrlane.com/

They maybe kind of pricey but could be a source for one up cameras. CAD drawings are supplied for some parts.

2. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link, Don. I haven't checked their prices, but they appear to have an extensive line of useful parts. Bookmark added.

3. barryjyoung

barryjyoung Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I also supply knurled knobs of my own design or yours. I am cheaper than Carr Lane and can provide exactly what you want from brass or aluminum. Most knob orders take a couple of days from the time I receive the order until they ship.

4. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    where would one get off the shelf knobs, say generic with plastic knobs and brass or steel threads?

5. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Most good hardware stores carry a line of generic knobs of various configurations with male and female threads and various size threads. The ones that I am addressing have phenolic knobs. Ace is the Place...your helpful hardware store...good luck.

6. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've borrowed spare plastic knobs from the folder at work, metric treaded. These are commonly sold by bindery and finishing equipment suppliers. It was a perfect fit on my Shen Hao.

Heres one supplier I found Googling:
    http://www.swmanufacturing.com/sub/knurled_msstud.asp