Kodachrome 120 film

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Dr David Hall, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Dr David Hall

Dr David Hall Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Have two rolls of Kodachrome 64 film in 120 format. Rocky Mountain can't process the 120 except as B&W and make prints. Does anyone know of a processing company who can develop these slides. Don't want them mouinted, just developed Thanks

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This comes up occasionally, and it's been quite a long time since any lab has handled Kodachrome 120. You might try Dwayne's which handles all Kodachrome processing in the US (and I'd assume the rest of the Americas), but I'm fairly sure they don't do it anymore.

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dwyane's would be your only choice, but if I remember right it has been a few years since they quit doing the 120 size Kodachrome...You might try the Europe lab..

Dave

4. MichaelBriggs

MichaelBriggs Member

The last Kodakchrome 120 processing run was done several years ago -- searching groups.google it seems to have been in England in late 2001. It was announced at the time -- "last chance to process 120 Kodakchrome". No lab may be running the necessary equipment anymore -- some years ago Kodak designed simpler, cheaper to maintain Kodakchrome processing equipment that can only do 135.

5. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised noone mentioned this company: http://www.processc22.co.uk/

On their website (now undergoing reconstruction) they claim:

"WE ARE ABLE TO PROCESS ANY FILM EVER MADE."

Perhaps you should try here. They're based in the UK.

6. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sadly, if you look in their gallery you will see that their Kodachrome sample picture look more like Verichrome...