Kodachrome 25 report card: 9/08

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by PKM-25, Sep 9, 2008.

1. PKM-25

PKM-25 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello ladies and gents,

I am wanting to do a quarterly ( roughly ) checkup on the quality of Kodachrome 25 in the latest batches. Anything in the last two years would be good to take a look at in terms of color quality / tone, dmax and grain.

If you have been shooting that last remaining stock of KM-25, how is it looking?

My KM-25 stock is either 10/2002, #1572 or 02/2003, #1571. Both are looking good but with a hair of dmax loss which is prompting me to start really using it well soon.

Any reports?

2. p3200TMZ

p3200TMZ Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just wish I could find some Kodachrome 25 before it is too late.

3. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have some from 1986, shot one roll and it looks just brilliant. I don't know what it looked like fresh, but it's unlike anything I've seen before. 3 more rolls left in the fridge, for a special occasion.

4. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I have a roll which is awaiting development. I think the date on it was 1/2003.

5. AutumnJazz

AutumnJazz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think I have about 10 from the '80s. Woo ebay.

(I haven't developed any yet, but I did get back a roll of TP from like, '81. Fridge stored. Looks amazing.)

6. kodachrome64

kodachrome64 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    :wink:KR-64 my favorite for color and I would love to try KM-25 but don't want to pay the prices it seems to be commanding. I was too late to the Kodachrome game! I'm sure KM25 and KR64 were even more breathtaking as a 6x7!

If anyone wants to unload some KM25 they won't shoot, PM me. I just don't want to pay 20 bucks per roll for a whole brick of the stuff. If you have it sitting around and you know you won't shoot it, sell it to those who will! :wink:

7. AutumnJazz

AutumnJazz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got a whole lot of it for like $4 a roll. :D