Kodak Anastigmat 203mm f/7.7

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Fixcinater, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Precursor to the Ektar 203mm, bought it on a whim but I'm never going to use this instead of a 210mm f/4.5 Tessar that I already have. Clean glass, aperture closes and opens fine. Can include the large lensboard and process/copy hardware if desired, see boxed roll of 120 film for size reference.

$45 shipped CONUS, $45 plus actual shipping elsewhere. Paypal or MO.

Attached Files:

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Should be very sharp.

Ian

3. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    would it cover 4x5 with some movements??

4. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had one in Supermatic shutter that did.

5. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe they where rated as covering 5x7, at least the Ektar version.

Mike

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's in my 1946 Kodak Reference Handbook and covers 5x7, it's the same lens later sold coated as an Ektar.

It's unusual to find in a barrel mount, the lens was normally sold in a Supermatic shutter (in the US) for the Kodak 2D and later Half plate/5x7 models. It was also made in the UK - mount 370 - #0 shutter compatible. These are well corrected for close up as well as distant uses, and sharp even at wide apertures.

So yes it has room for movements on a 5x7/half plate camera, on a 4x5 even more :D I have a Mount 370 203mm Ektar in a Protor SVS and it's a wonderful lens.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  7. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, I had both the earlier anastigmat and the later Ektar. Both in Supermatic with the Ektar version in Supermatic X.
    They are pretty well regarded in the Speed/Crown Graphic world when you want something a little longer than the usual 127/135 fare that you usually see on those.
    Ian…those are both the same formula, correct? (versions of the 203)

Its a really nice lens.

8. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bruce, yes they are the same formula, in fact the datasheet is almost identical for the 8" (203mm) f7.7 Anastigmat and the 8" (203mm) the only difference is my later Kodak Reference handbook adds the words coated along with the name change to Ektar.

Unless you've seen or used one you wouldn't realise how small these lenses are.

Ian

9. nicholai

nicholai Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I want to buy this, but i'm a bit confused: "$45 shipped CONUS, $45 plus actual shipping elsewhere." <- so non-americans pay more, for what reason? :tongue:

10. A9tm

A9tm Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Man, ship this thing to overseas is much more expensive. You know it.

11. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the US the postman will collect internal US post from your house/mailbox so you don't have to leave home. International mail has to be taken to a Post Office and costs more. I post things quite frequently and the fuel/time going to a Post Office adds up quite quickly, cold engine/short journeys

It's quite usual to have to pay more for shipping to Europe but then the value of these items is higher in Europe as well so we don't really lose out. I've just bought something from antony and I thought the shipping cost was fair.

Ian

12. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Shipping within the United States for small/light items like this can be $5-10, even across the country. As soon as it crosses a border, it's $24 at a minimum and even more if going somewhere other than EU. Quite a few won't even ship outside of CONUS for this reason, or because of the extra hassles in shipping it out (customs form, declaring a value, tracking # issues, etc).

I'm curious to see what this shoots like now, so I'm retracting the ad for the time being. After making some images, I will decide if I prefer the look over the uncoated B&L Tessar mentioned earlier sell whichever I'm not as fond of. Thanks all for the information!

13. nicholai

nicholai Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was joking a bit, i sense you might not have gotten it... Since shipping is included in the original price, it seemed the price for the product was higher for non-us costumers, as the original shipping cost wasnt deducted. I understand that shipping is more expensive. :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.