Kodak Announces Closure of All Qualex Photofinishing Labs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Curt, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. BobNewYork

BobNewYork Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah well.....a few years back they screwed over a whole bunch of their smaller dealers. Decided they weren't worthwhile. They failed to advise each of the dealers concerned and actually had the b***s to do a pick-up and re-deliver by Fed-Ex three days later - unprocessed!!!! Imagine explaining that to the customer!!!! The smaller, long-standing guy was the only one keeping the business from Wally-World etc. Apparently it wasn't that they were losing money on the smaller guys - they just decided that they were too big to bother with the minnows! Some of these dealers had been with them over 25 years!! I just feel bad for the staff - wasn't their fault. It's all about shareholder returns - to the near exclusion of everything, (and everyone) else. As someone on CNN said recently "I'm sick and tired of being trickled down on." !!!!!

3. df cardwell

df cardwell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Qualex made a lot of folks unhappy back in the '80s. I forgot they were still around.
    They were the end of the great days of Kodak processing... long ago.

4. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is another thread on this started a month or so ago. I think they should be merged.

PE