Kodak Brownie Holiday Flash And 6-A Close Up Attachment - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by arthurpolaroid, Mar 31, 2011.

1. arthurpolaroid

arthurpolaroid Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I recently picked up a Kodak Brownie Holiday Flash. As I love to do portraiture, I later purchased on eBay the 6-A Close Up Attachment. I thought I got the right one, but apparently not. The manual refers to this filter, but does not indicate what size, or how it mounts. There is a quasi threaded fitting on the inside plastic piece that houses the lens of the camera. The filter I got has 4 sets of pairs of metal tabs. Apparently, these filters were offered in different sizes. This one is 28.5mm in diameter. Needless to say, the filter just swims over the fitting- there is no way to mount it. Does anyone happen to know the right size 6-A that I need to fit this model camera?

PS- I have attached images of this situation.

Thanks,

Arthur

Attached Files:

2. JessicaDittmer

JessicaDittmer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hmm...my baby brownie special takes a No.3 closeup attachment 24mm and snaps on good. The manual says No.3. The groves are cut out to allow bend to snap to the front (no threads or turning to put it on)...not sure if I'm helping or adding to the confusion but I think they are to just snap on (and they are snug). Does it seem that the outter part it would snap onto?

3. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. pinhole_dreamer

pinhole_dreamer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 6-A attachment that I have fits the Kodak Duaflex camera I have.