kodak E200 what to expect

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by destroya, Nov 17, 2013.

1. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    just picked up a few rolls of this. expired but kept frozen. price was right ($1) so for $5 why not? anyway not much info around on this film except that the astro photographers loved it because of its reds. might have to break out the telescope and try to hook up the camera to it. Also seems that the film likes to be pushed to 320 or higher. any thoughts?

thanks

2. Kc2edh

Kc2edh Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a whole bunch in my freezer, expired in maybe 2008 or so. Been frozen the whole time, and it looks great. When shot with a polarizing filter on bright sunny days, the color is amazing. Give it a shot! It hasn't disappointed me yet.

3. RidingWaves

RidingWaves Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    E200 was Kodak's higher speed chrome mostly used for sports, its very pushable. I used to shoot it at 400 all the time and 800 on occasion, only went to 1600 a few times. I preferred the Fuji's product in the same range, Fuji MS 100/1000 shot at 200 or 400. You can read more of my thoughts over at my blog with a sample shot.
    http://four-silver-atoms.com/2013/03/27/fujichrome-ms-1001000/