Kodak E6 Kit

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Marvin, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Marvin

Marvin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When you use the Kodak 5 liter kit do you mix a liter at a time and how much film do you process from a liter. I will be using a SS tank for processing. Do you reuse the chemicals.

2. hrst

hrst Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you are referring to Kodak Single-Use E6 Kit, which is what I'm currently using, it has mixing instructions for different final volumes. You can mix any amount you want, but it's probably less tedious to do a bit more at a time, for example, one liter. It seems to keep for at least a month in well-squeezed PET soda bottles. Probably even more.

This kit is not meant for reusing but it will probably still work if you just do it. But, unless you are very short on money, don't risk it.

In rotary processing, if you use the minimum amount of chemistry, you can get around 30 films with 5 liters as one-shot without reusing. But, in normal tank it's about 15 films or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  3. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It depends. If you really want to save money you could reuse the chemistry 1 or 2 times. One shot will give better consistency.

4. TimmyMac

TimmyMac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I mix 1.5L at a time to fit my paterson 5-reel and process around 12 rolls with it. Towards the end of the developer life I increase first dev time. I'm not shooting anything that requires huge consistency though.