Kodak Endura-Reasonably Priced Good Labs

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Ektagraphic, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Guys-
    I was wondering if there is anyone that knows of a mail order friendly, reasonably priced, good quality, lab that is developing C-41 and/or E-6 and outputs to Kodak Edura. I know there are places like Praus Productions that are great but they don't seem to offer a proofing (making a print from each image at the time of developing) so I'm looking for a lab that does.

Thanks,

Patrick

2. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Dale Laboratories in Hollywood, FL will do them. But be aware that they may scan them to print by lightjet. I scan my own for lightjet so have not asked them, but they are friendly if you call.

3. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it were not for the requirement that the prints be on Kodak paper, Samy's Santa Barbara (http://www.samys805.com/film-processing/) is a good choice. They provide the cheapest high-quality processing I have ever found, by far. They have the same machines as A and I in Los Angeles, but charge about 5/8 as much for 35mm and 120, and half as much for 220 and sheet film.

I have not found a lab, professional or otherwise, that uses Kodak paper, unless by special request when getting custom optical prints.

4. DanielStone

DanielStone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    2nd for Samys805(samy's in s.b.)

great lab. great staff. GREAT PRICES!!!!

they use Fuji paper btw, but why endura may I ask?

-Dan

5. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Endura is just a personal preference. I like the paper better than Fuji's.