kodak in canada

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Markok765, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I just talked to they guy at my local photo store, and he says they are selling off all consumer kodak products because kodak wont ship consumer to canada.

Is this true? what have you heard about it?

2. df cardwell

df cardwell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My local Henrys just got stocked up with Kodak film so for now they are still shipping.

Bill

4. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It is kind of true... your local independent store probaly can't buy direct from Kodak like he can from Ilford, or most of the other distributors.
    He has to buy from a re-seller like Treck-Hall. There's a couple of them out there. Anyway by the time the re-seller adds their margin to the product it's no longer competitive with a large store like Henry's that can buy direct.
    I know when I called Kodak to see if I could get sheet film to sell at my on-line store the lady who answered the phone just kinda laughed and gave me the number of a re-seller.
    when I contacted the re-seller to buy the film the mark up was so high I could buy it retail cheaper than I could get it wholesale.
    Finally I was able to work a deal with a store that could still buy the film direct.
    It's a weird way to run a business when people can't get your products.... yet profits are down.
    go figure.
    Rob Skeoch
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com