kodak Jiffy II Six-20

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Christopher Walrath, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Has anyone ever determined the actual shutter speed of hese cameras? I've googled and probably am going to test a roll but was wondering if anyone has done my homework for me?

2. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Chris, this is just an educated guess based on a slightly older Kodak shutter... but "I" is likely to be about 1/50 second.

3. Christopher Walrath

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was thinking 1/25 or 1/50. But I will do a test roll and see what the exposure ends up being.

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yup... it will be one of them! On the shutter I was talking about, it is a 2-leaf with a simple spring. T & I. It was measured using a gen-u-ine shutter tester and measures 1/50. It performs like that is correct, too. I suspect that your shutter is very similar.

5. Christopher Walrath

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Brian.

6. Lruw

Lruw Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have one and it seemed to be at 1/25-1/30 from the way negatives came out. The shutter probably won't be very accurate, since they are really old and use a very simple design.