Kodak new product announcement

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Photo Engineer, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the morning paper today, there is an article describing a new Kodak analog single use camera with an 800 speed film. There is no indication that this is a 'new' film, but I suspect that it probably is.

The camera is a smaller trimmer model designed to compete with mini digital cameras.

I guess what I heard was true. Single use camera sales remains strong enough for new product development.

PE

2. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. hywel

hywel Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I was having a quick look at the single-use cameras not so long ago and noticed that the kodak models then were loaded with ISO 800 film, so there wouldn't be any need for the film to be new.

Not that I, either, am interested in high ISO colour neg film. I was just looking for another 'single-use' camera that I could reuse. I have a Rollei that I got a couple of years ago from silverprint in the UK. Silverprint sugest that you can reload it if you have a darkroom. Actually you can do it in the light. And as it is the only camera I own that has a flash, and the only one I can give to anyone to take a picture of me without having (and failing) to explain manual focusing, it is, in it's own way, a little gem.

Which reminds me that, having failed to find a Kodak, or Fuji, product that I can similarly reuse I must go order myself a couple of spare Rolleis.

Hywel

4. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Single use cameras like this are very popular at weddings, etc. You throw one on each table and collect them at the end of the party. I'm sure other gatherings are of equal use. And then there is always the vacation goer that doesn't own a camera, or the camera breaks (is lost or stolen, etc.).

5. wirehead

wirehead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I suspect most folks are finding the end image quality from the film single-use cameras better than the digital single-use cameras for the money.

Probably a function of lattitude and image circle.

Dono, at my wedding, we put out the disposables and we didn't get anything worth bothering with. My cousins spent most of the night flashing each other in the face with them.

6. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format