Kodak No. 2 autographic camera - using 120 film?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Cromlech, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi everyone,

from what I can find, the "Kodak No. 2 folding autographic camera" takes "120 autographic film". I do not want the autographic film - can I just use modern day 120 inside?

Thanks,
    Richard

2. mhcfires

mhcfires Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Richard,

Kodak stopped making Autographic film long ago. There was a little window which you lifted up and wrote on the film with a stylus. The stylus is usually missing from the camera. You certainly can use regular 120 film in your camera. You should get some interesting results.

3. Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you mhcfires. I will make the purchase then, and share the results.

Richard

4. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wrong. #2 folding Kodaks shoot 3.5" x 3.5", not possible with 120 film. You may be thinking of the #2 Folding Pocket Brownie, which shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".

The #1 Folding Autographic Kodak shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" on 120 film.

Take a look at the Kodak catalogs posted on Mario Groleau's site http://mgroleau.com/catalogues_kodak/

5. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. Cromlech

Cromlech Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Reinhard,

I have yet to purchase it - but the age of the item itself is worth the purchase. I will see if I can convert it to take 120.

Richard

7. MainerAl

MainerAl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The film required is specified on the autographic door on the back. If it's a No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie it'll say to use No. A-120 film so you'll have no problem using modern 120. The No. 2-C was the model that used 130 film and the 2-A used 116. Have fun with it, mine works very well considering it's age, though I did have to put black tape over the autographic door to block the light leaks. I put it directly over the opening and closed to door over it so it wouldn't be too obvious. I just wish my 50+ year old eyes were good enough for the viewfinder :smile:.
    Al