Kodak plus x/rollei classic 100 in rodinal

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by ymc226, Oct 21, 2007.

1. ymc226

ymc226 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've looked at the MDC but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. What are good starting times for:

Kodak Plus X exposed at 64 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Rollei Classic 100 exposed at 50 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Thanks

2. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Extrapolate from data on films of similar speed for a 1 stop pull and go from there. It may not be exact, but it will get you close.

3. Neanderman

Neanderman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I shoot Plus-X at EI 100, process it at 1+60, 13 min, 70° F.

4. Charlie-J

Charlie-J Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I used to shot a ton of Pus-X 120 souped in D76 1:1 or 1:3 and loved the results, but I'm was and still am a novice B&W shooter.

6. rusty71

rusty71 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I suppose the obvious question is why are you exposing Plus-X at ISO 64? The new stuff seems to be accurate at ISO 125. Are you going for a low contrast/long tonal scale? In that case I'd recommend stand development in Rodinal 1:100 or 1:200 for 20/30 minutes.

7. ymc226

ymc226 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In family pictures on the beach, (and in all of my outdoor pictures in general using box speed and recommended development times) skin tones still seem too dark with less contrast between the flesh and dark hair. I want to separate the skin tones to make them lighter and further from the hair tone if that makes sense. I am still a novice. What exactly do you mean by stand development? Can you give me specific steps and times if you have them including agitation methods for Rodinal 1:100 stand development for Rollei Classic 100 @ 50 and Plus X @ 64. I am also using an Analyzer Pro from RH designs and have already standardized on my usual paper, Ilford MG IV FB glossy. The results are quite predictable from the LED scale readings.

Also, I read the Agfa Rodinal spec sheet and it gives different development times for Rollei Classic 100 and Agfa APX 100 which supposedly are identical films. Can anyone explain this?