Kodak Publications

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Gerald C Koch, May 15, 2013.

1. Gerald C Koch

Gerald C Koch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have discovered that Amazon has a large collection of new and used Kodak publications. Prices are quite reasonable for used copies. These books are usually soft cover ones on subjects ranging from simple HOW TO books to more technical ones. Subjects can vary from how to build a darkroom, filters and their use to infra-red photography and what many would like "Processing Chemicals and Formulas for Black and White Photography."

Go to Amazon and search for "Kodak publication" to bring up a list. Enjoy

2. Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought one a few weeks ago for .27 cents... + $3.99 shipping. =) Great deal!

3. railwayman3

railwayman3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Had quite a lot of these Kodak publications some years ago....IIRC, very well written and illustrated. Unfortunately they were given away suring a house move....I might have a look on Amazon and Ebay, see if I can replace some of them.

4. Robert Liebermann

Robert Liebermann Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Many of the ones that were free are available as PDF; this guy has them archived (film, etc. datasheets too) and categorized as some are harder to find on the Kodak website.

http://125px.com/techdocs/kodak/

(be sure to check elsewhere there for Fuji, Agfa, etc.)

In particular on that list I like "Photography Under Arctic Conditions".

As for the ones that aren't PDF, I like them all too! Esp. the old color related ones ca. 1945-65.

Back when Kodak was fat with profit and big fat corporations still felt it proper to engage in public service without nickel and diming you at every possible opportunity.