Kodak Super8mm prepaid processing mailers: Are they still valid?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by ricardo12458, Jan 14, 2012.

1. ricardo12458

ricardo12458 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I happen to have inherited 3 unexpired, prepaid processing mailers for colour 8mm movies.

They date back to the late 60s-70s, and they have no expiration date.

I happen to have one roll of Ektachrome 160 Type A Super8 film, which (to the best of my knowledge) can still be processed correctly (EM-25/26?).

My question: Are these mailers still useful for developing Ektachrome film?

Not even going to ask about the other two rolls of Kodachrome II film in my possession, unexposed. :smile:

-R

2. MDR

MDR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not very likely the last place to process Kodachrome was Dwayne's and they stopped that service.

Sorry

3. ricardo12458

ricardo12458 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Let me make this clear: I was talking about using the prepaid mailers to process EM-25/26 films. I KNOW that K12/14 processing is gone.

-R

4. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry, but Kodak mailer processing was discontinued on 12/31/2009, after Qualex (who ran the mailer program) shut down. Also, processing for EM-26 films by Kodak was discontinued around 2003.

There are still two labs that I know of that still process EM-26 film. One is Film Rescue International in Canada (filmrescue.org), and the other is Plattsburgh Photographic Services (no website, email at super8mm[_at_]aol.com). I don't know what the cost is, but you will probably be better off buying a fresh roll of Ektachrome 100D and processing via Dwayne's Photo.

5. CRhymer

CRhymer Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Hello,

You may find this link helpful:

http://photo.net/film-and-processing-forum/00ShzM

You may also wish to note the last comment on page 2 of the link.

Sorry.

Cheers,
    Clarence

ps I see that nickrapak posted essentially the same info. as I was typing this.

6. ricardo12458

ricardo12458 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ohhhhhhhhh.

Wait, in colour? Because I know for a fact that Pro8mm can also develop EM-25/26 film in colour, but the price is too high for me. ($75.00, Really? :sad:)

Thanks
    -R

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  7. CRhymer

CRhymer Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I didn't know that Pro8mm provided that service. That got me looking and I see that it could be done in the Netherlands here:

http://www.super8.nl/english/e_index.htm

for € 17.15 (about $22.00US) plus of course shipping etc. They only accept bank transfers as payment, so there may be a fee from your bank. I have never used them, but the price could be a lot less than $75.00US (or not).

Cheers,
    Clarence